1. What is iPeer?
iPeer is an open source web application application that allows instructors to develop and deliver rubric-based peer evaluations, to review and release student comments, to build progress report forms online, and to analyze evaluation results. iPeer features a built-in user management system, data import/export, and an easy-to-use installer.
iPeer provides the following functions:
- Assignment creation.
- Custom rubric creation.
- User management system, including bulk import of students and groups.
- Student reminders via email.
- Reminder scheduling.
- Profile management.
- Student Feedback System.
- Release Comments to Students.
- Wizard Feature, Step by Step Guide for New Users.
- Easy-to-Use Installer.
- Simple Evaluatoin for TBL (Team-Based Learning).
- Export Results to Excel or txt files.
- Student Self Registration.
- PHP 4.0+ (tested on PHP 4.3.7)
- MySQL 4.0+ (code is database independent using PEAR DB, however, only tested on MySQL 4.0.20)
Currently there are three types of evaluation formats:
- Simple Evaluations: students assess the contributions of their fellow group members by distributing a set number of points (e.g. 100) among them.
- Rubrics Evaluations: the evaluation process is similar to a multiple choice questionnaire; each group member rates the others on a scale called "level of mastery". iPeer automates the process of peer evaluation and lowers the workload for both instructors and students. With the benefits of automation students can gain feedback more quickly. Additionally, instructors are less likely to lose evaluations and more likely to encourage peer evaluations.
- Mixed Evaluations: The mixed evaluation of two above.
Papers about Rubric
- Some rubric samples: http://www.teach-nology.com/web_tools/rubrics/
Last modified 6 years ago Last modified on 2017-03-15T20:38:02Z
Note: See TracWiki for help on using the wiki.